Repair Services for Air Conditioning
Do you have a reliable source for AC repair and service if your air conditioner breaks down? It’s always good to at least know your available options when disaster strikes so you don’t have to waste time searching for someone to lend a hand.
We’re here to tell you that Air Masters Heating and Air Conditioning has what it takes to react quickly and efficiently when you experience trouble. All of our technicians are trained and certified to provide top quality repairs and service, and we will respond as quickly as possible once we receive your call for help. All you have to do is get in touch with us to report your issues, and we will send a technician over right away
Request This Service
Call now to get your AC repaired?
We have experience with all situations. Air Masters Heating and Air Conditioning has been helping its customers for ages with air conditioner repair.
Founded in the year 2000, we have experience dealing with all sorts of situations. From routine repairs to unique and specific problems, we’ve conquered them all! For this reason, we are very confident that we have what it takes to handle your system’s shortcomings. There’s no problem too tough for the team at Air Masters Heating and Air Conditioning! When your AC needs attention because it is struggling to perform, come to Air Masters Heating and Air Conditioning for AC repair and service. As soon as we receive your report, we will survey our team of technicians to find the best one for the job and send them to help you as soon as possible.
How does my AC work?
Air conditioners work to cool a home using refrigerant that absorbs and discharges heat. Here are the steps an AC takes to cool your home.
- Warm air from your home moves across the air conditioner’s evaporator coils. The refrigerant within the coils absorbs the air’s heat. Refrigerant converts from cool liquid to hot vapor, cooling the air.
- The vapor travels to the compressor located in the outdoor air conditioner unit. The refrigerant vapor is compressed here, raising temperature and pressure.
- Refrigerant travels to the condenser where it is condensed into a liquid form again. This causes heat to release, and heat dissipates to the outdoors through the exterior unit’s fins.
- The refrigerant is now cooled and in a liquid state. It cycles back to the indoor unit, regulated by the expansion device, so the cooling process can continue.
What are the different types of air conditioners?
When most people think of air conditioners, systems with a condenser outdoors and an air handler indoors are what they visualize. In reality, there are many different types of air conditioners that can be used to cool a home.
- Central air conditioners utilize an outdoor condenser and an indoor air hander (that also works with the furnace or heat pump) to deliver cool air indoors.
- Heat pumps can operate for both heating and cooling, and are an option for central air conditioning.
- Ductless mini-split air conditioners utilize individual air handlers installed throughout the home, connected to an outdoor heat pump, to provide zoned cooling in the specific areas that need it.
- Portable and window air conditioners are additional options for space cooling – they are not a whole-home cooling solution.
What are common AC repairs?
Air conditioners are complicated mechanical systems with many working parts. Good maintenance will help prevent AC problems, but a system may still malfunction over the course of a cooling season. Below are some common AC repair issues:
- Refrigerant leaks
- Drainage Problems
- Frozen condenser coils
What is a SEER rating?
An air conditioner’s efficiency is measured in SEER. SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. A unit’s SEER is calculated by dividing the unit’s cooling output over an average cooling season by the amount of electric energy input over the same period.
The higher the SEER rating, the more efficient the air conditioner. The minimum SEER allowed by law for newly manufactured air conditioner is 13 or 14, depending on where in the country you live. The most efficient air conditioners on the market have SEER ratings of around 22.
701 Blake Court
Discovery Bay, CA 94505